ABOUT TOTO GROUP
- Company Name
- TOTO LTD.
- May 15, 1917
- ¥35,579 million
- Main Businesses *Product availability will depend on the regional market
Sanitary ware (toilet basins, urinals, sinks, washbasins, etc.),
Toilet seats (e.g., Washlet),
Plumbing accessories, etc.
Fittings (various faucets, drain fittings, etc.)
Modular kitchens, bathroom vanity units,
Marbright artificial marble counters,
Bathroom ventilation, heating and drying systems,
Green Building Materials (tiles, ceramic slabs, etc.) etc.
<New business domain products>
Ceramics (Advanced Ceramics, etc.)
- Representative Directors
Representative Director, Chairman of the Board
President, Representative Director
Representative Director, Executive Vice President
- Number of Employees
(as of March 31, 2021)
- 1-1, Nakashima 2-chome, Kokurakita-ku, Kitakyushu, Fukuoka, 802-8601 Japan
Overseas Group Companies
TOTO AMERICAS HOLDINGS, INC.
TOTO U.S.A., Inc.
TOTO MEXICO, S.A. DE C.V.
TOTO Europe GmbH
TOTO Germany GmbH
TOTO (CHINA) CO., LTD.
TOTO (BEIJING) CO., LTD.
NANJIN TOTO CO., LTD.
TOTO DALIAN CO., LTD.
TOTO (SHANGHAI) CO., LTD.
TOTO EAST CHINA CO., LTD.
TOTO (FUJIAN) CO., LTD.
TOTO (GUANGZHOU) CO., LTD.
TOTO (H.K.) LTD.
VORETO (XIAMEN) PLUMBING TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD. (Affiliate Company)
TAIWAN TOTO CO., LTD.
TOTO Asia Oceania Pte. LTD.
TOTO VIETNAM CO., LTD.
TOTO (THAILAND) CO., LTD.
TOTO INDIA INDUSTRIES PVT. LTD.
TOTO MALAYSIA SDN. BHD.
TOTO KOREA LTD.
P.T. SURYA TOTO INDONESIA Tbk. (Affiliate Company)
Group Shared Philosophy
The Company Mottos represent the thoughts of the founder to be passed down through the generations.
TOTO Group Corporate Philosophy
Based on the ideology conveyed in our corporate motto, we express to all stakeholders the purpose of our corporate existence, our business domains, and our aspirations.
Charter of TOTO Group Corporate Behavior
The TOTO Group wants to be an entity that constantly assumes a
leading role in the realization of a sustainable society by
creating added value, which is useful for society, and
employment, as well as by autonomous and responsible actions
through fair and free competition. To realize that, all people
working for the TOTO Group strive to play an active role with
a strong sense of duty based on the concepts indicated in the
corporate motto and philosophy, and to fulfill their social
The Charter of TOTO Group Corporate Behavior stipulates the basic stance of behavior of all people working for TOTO Group to realize all stakeholders' satisfaction.
The TOTO Group shall pursue customer satisfaction and
provide products and services that are environmentally
friendly, safe, and easy to use through innovation to
realize sustainable economic growth and solve social
- By promoting innovation, the TOTO Group shall aim to realize a future society where comfortable lives and solutions to social issues are achieved at the same time.
- By making use of the various data, the TOTO Group shall create new value, such as innovative products and services, and contribute to the solution to social issues.
The TOTO Group shall develop sensible business
activities in transparent, fair ways, and responsible
procurement, and sustain sound normal relationships
with political organizations and governmental
- In its business activities, the TOTO Group shall observe the related laws and regulations, as well as international norms and their spirit, and carry out fair and transparent trading and responsible procurement and competition.
- The TOTO Group shall never provide business entertainment, gifts or monetary compensation for acquisitions, seek profits unfairly or offer preferential treatment.
The TOTO Group shall facilitate communications with
society; disclose corporate information proactively,
effectively, and fairly; and have constructive dialogs
with a variety of stakeholders to improve corporate
- The TOTO Group shall protect personal information and customer information with sufficient care, and control that information appropriately.
- The TOTO Group shall disclose all appropriate and meaningful information to its stakeholders in a timely manner.
- The TOTO Group shall communicate interactively with society through public relations initiatives.
- The TOTO Group shall communicate with its shareholders through investor relations activities.
- The TOTO Group shall provide comprehensive education for employees and establish and strengthen its organizational structure to prevent insider trading.
The TOTO Group shall respect the human rights of every
person in all countries and regions in its business
activities and contribute to their development.
- The TOTO Group shall understand and respect human rights that are recognized globally (internationally) and prevent negative influences on such human rights that are directly linked to our products and services.
- The TOTO Group shall officially announce the policy of executing its responsibility to respect human rights in its business activities.
- As a member of the international society, the TOTO Group shall respect international norms of human rights and shall not be involved in any forced labor nor child labor.
The TOTO Group shall improve customer satisfaction
through appropriate information provision on products
and services and honest communication.
- The TOTO Group shall gain customer satisfaction and trust by providing products with universal design and environmentally friendly products and services.
- The TOTO Group shall act and make decisions in ways that put customer satisfaction first.
- All TOTO Group employees shall pay careful attention to and take great pride in their personal conduct and deportment, such as their attitude toward customers, telephone manners, daily greetings and personal appearance.
The TOTO Group shall improve the ability of all people
working for TOTO, and realize a workstyle where
diversity and individuality are respected in a
pleasant working environment where importance is
placed on health and safety.
- The TOTO Group shall strive to create a company that takes pride and joy in a job well done, and foster its employees’ abilities and creativity while respecting their individuality and autonomy.
- The TOTO Group shall create an environment that develops the abilities of all of its employees to the fullest extent through fair treatment, without regard to nationality, gender, or disability.
- The TOTO Group shall create a comfortable working environment that promotes the physical and mental health of its employees through daily health and safety programs.
- The TOTO Group shall strive to develop proper relationships with all employees of its Group through sincere discussions and consultations.
The TOTO Group shall build awareness of global
environment issues as common issues of all humankind
and aggressively tackle these issues from a global
point of view as essential for the existence and
activities of the company.
- The TOTO Group shall work on the establishment of a decarbonized society on a global level from a long-term perspective.
- The TOTO Group shall contribute to the effective utilization of limited water resources and engage in the formation of a sustainable society by conserving resources and energy, and sustainable use.
- The TOTO Group shall take action to reduce environmental loads and risks in all processes of its business activities.
- The TOTO Group shall undertake the conservation of biodiversity and sustainable development.
As a good corporate citizen, the TOTO Group shall
constructively participate in and contribute to the
development of communities and society overall.
- As a good corporate citizen, the TOTO Group shall proactively contribute to society by working with all of its stakeholders, including customers, and local community members.
The TOTO Group shall be prepared for actions of
antisocial powers, terrorist attacks, and
cyberattacks, as well as natural disasters, and
thoroughly implement organizational crisis management.
- The TOTO Group shall resolutely oppose antisocial powers that pose threats to civil life and corporate activities, and sever relationships with them.
- The TOTO Group shall always be prepared for terrorist attacks, cyberattacks, and natural disasters and thoroughly implement organizational actions and training.
TOTO’s top management shall build effective governance
and, as their role, thoroughly enforce corporate
ethics not only within the TOTO Group but also across
supply chains and with business partners.
When a situation that conflicts with this charter and may lose the trust of society arises, TOTO’s top management shall exercise leadership to strive to resolve it.
- In the event of issues arising in conflict with this charter, TOTO's top management shall make clear both inside and outside the TOTO Group its intention to address the issue on its own, investigate the cause, formulate a solution, and prevent recurrence.
- TOTO’s top management shall swiftly and precisely disclose all pertinent information to the appropriate social entities to fulfill accountability requirements, clarify authority and responsibilities, and take appropriate measures to prevent any recurrence of issues.
- When a situation that conflicts with this charter arises, TOTO's top management shall clarify both within the Group and toward the outside their intention to exercise leadership in striving to resolve such conflicts and shall exercise responsibility in trying to find the cause and prevent a recurrence.
Business Activity Vision
This term expresses the intention of the most important matters to be implemented in the medium and long term for the sustainable growth of the TOTO Group.